Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 12: Franken-Furnace

The Franken-Diet's Atkins side is raging against me today thanks to a fast-food binge yesterday. I could have eaten healthier, but not Atkins-ier, probably, given the mall food court location and all its temptations. I did NOT, however, have the mint chocolate ice cream that beckoned. So it coulda been worse. Although my body is not happy with this one day, I'm having no trouble slipping into healthy behaviors today, unlike previously, when one day destroyed my resolve.

I did walk all day almost everywhere from the moment we made it to Lexington. (Melody was wedding shopping for her dress-- decided!-- and her bridesmaids' dresses. Last week I found my wedding dress and bought it. This week I found all three of my bridesmaids' dresses. I'm about 3-0 ahead of Melody now. If only I could get "the ring" and an official announcement sent out...)

HOW I FEEL: Cravings are really down, despite yesterday. I just realized that I feel tons better, with a sense of well-being about my ongoing physical improvement. I was able to leave food on my plate, separate one meal into a meal and a snack for later, and eat only one of the two small fast-food sandwiches I bought for dinner. The self-imposed behavior modification all started with the right mind-set. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment