Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 22: Back on the Scales!


I said I didn't want to touch the scales until I was a few days back on track, but I weighed in anyway. It is Monday, after all. And nothing motivates like checking progress, negative or positive. My apparent overload of carbs the other day apparently didn't stop my ketosis as much as I figured it would. I still lost 2 pounds since then! This is the end of Week 1 of Atkins Induction. I'm doing two more weeks of Induction.

I'm worried because my Induction water-weight loss is over in as little as 5-8 pounds. Then my "instant results" will drop off to a normal amount per week. But the good news is that the "normal amount" will be pure fat! I'm considering staying on a mostly Induction-style diet, which is fairly safe if a little boring, through the majority of my process. That way I can have a day that spikes in good carbs (like Sonny's BBQ!) if I need to, and it won't affect ketosis as much. And on my monthly "cheat" day, it's easier to jump back into Induction to jostle my metabolism around.

I may even be a good girl and weigh myself daily. *sigh*

PROGRESS: A total of 7 pounds lost as of today! That puts me down to 284. I've also lost an inch off my waist.

GOAL: 2 More Weeks Induction. Start Exercise This Week. Monitor Weight and Energy Level.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if weighing yourself daily is such a good idea - it fluctuates a lot and can be depressing because you don't see results on a day-to-day basis. I'd say once a week is good, though. I hate weighing myself, but I think I'm going to start weighing once a week... But probably just posting the pounds lost and a picture or something - not the actual numbers on the scale.

    ReplyDelete